Sunday, October 28, 2007

Hey all, long time no post.

I have accidentally downloaded an album of Sergio Mendes. Obviously I never download copyrighted material from the internet, hell I dont even know how to, but the dreadful series of totally accidental events led me to do it. I did not even want to turn my computer on that day for what I can remember, when I entered the room I stumbled upon the power button. Minutes later when the most overlistened tone in the world of Windows starting hit me, it got me so much off guard I started my scared random clicking marathon in which I accidentally installed bitcomet, which set its own properties up and blackmailed me into downloading Sergio Mendes.

The point is, on this quiet forgettable album, there is one song where John Legend is singing, that is the one I would like to tell you about.

He sings: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Q0boYE_0PQ&NR=1

Please baby don't (baby don't)
Don't fall in love with me
Please baby don't (baby don't)
You know my history
See honey I'm (honey I'm)
I'm just trying to warn you (let me warn you)
Please baby don't (baby don't)
Don't fall in love with me

Corny confession part of the post:
John always amazes me with his mastery. He just sings whats goin on inside me, there is not a single song that does not remind me of a feeling I felt very strongly.

Nobody-asked-for-advise giving part:
Listen to this song, its a perfectly accurate confession of a Man, a struggle of caring and fear. Sounds like he is selfish, but it is only his way of hiding his own insecurity. He basically sings: "Dont fall in love with me, cause I am bastard and I will hurt you", while in reality his words mean: "I care so much about you, I am afraid you will hurt me". Changing his mind in the meantime is a great switch in the end of the song.. I *have* soo *been* there...

heh, enjoy your day. I will try :)