Monday, February 19, 2007

So I officially started off at Leo Burnett.

Got a welcome champagne, a cup, and a big black pencil. A symbol of creativity I suppose.
It was nice. The people are nice, I like the atmosphere, the Coffe and so on.

My monitor is a little scewy which I will think about cause it makes my eyes feel like handgrenades in the middle of my skull.

Four ladies and Frank. As an assistant I will be supervised by Kriszta, first direct female boss :) Dont get me wrong :)

There are three more ladies on the team, Zsofi, Dori and Orsi. From what I gathered Zsofi is new as well, I can tell by the way she acts - just like I will be soon :) I just love this buzz around a new workplace. What is where and why.. who do I talk to, how do I fix this and that. I just feel like a kid in the candystore. Orsi has been longer, I think she handles dealers, and coop - whatever it is :) Last but not least Dori is sitting in front of me, poor her, I am going to drive her crazy with all the questions in the world.

By the way all this is owned by Publicis, so there go all my jokes of screwing with all I knew from there :) Yes Pierre-s and Francois-s, that means I am coming after you again :)

Anyway the pencil reminded me of that good old story about the space race between the Russians and the Americans. You know when americans invested a shit load of money into inventing a pen that would work in space. Some hydro pushy flashy whatever thingy that would write despite that fact that the Biro pen (Invented by a Hungarian by the way), does not work in space. How surprising without gravitiy. So they had this pretty flashy pen for tens of thousands of american tax dollars, while the Russians solved the problem their way:
they brought a pencil.


A funny space race by the two biggest and most influential countries of the time, and after all the effort the race was won by a dog :) Lajka. And soon was followed by a monkey :D

Grats :D